February 15, 19 & 21, 2018
Farm Credit OFfice
4646 South Valley Pike
Make plans to join us for this 3 day workshop series. This course is designed for both beginning and experienced beef and sheep producers. The last night will offer the opportunity to sit down with our instructors to begin developing a custom grazing plan for your operation.
Topics will include:
- Grazing Management
- Matching forage quality and animal needs
- Pasture renovation and improvement
- Fencing and watering options
- Creating a forage budget
- Designing a rotational grazing system
- Strategies to extend the grazing season
- Each evenign will begin at 6:00 PM with a light dinner
- A $30 registration fee which will be due at the first workshop
- Space is limited to the first 30 participants. Please RSVP no later than February 1, 2018 to reserve your seat
- RSVPs can be sent to Matt Booher at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 540-245-5750, or Rebecca Webert at email@example.com, phone 540-347-3344
- If you have any questions or would like additional information, please feel free to contact Matt or Rebecca at any time
The Virginia Beginning Farmer & Rancher Coalition is a state-wide and coalition-based Extension program, housed in Virginia Tech’s Department of Agricultural, Leadership, and Community Education. Funding was sponsored by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (BFRDP) of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Award #2017-70011-26861, and the Southern Risk Management Education Center Grant #545015. For more information about the program or funding, contact Kim Niewolny, Program Director and Extension Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-5784.
For website updates, such as broken links, please contact Allyssa Mark, Program Associate.